Dive In or Sit Back and Relax
As a Medina member, you can enjoy our beautifully landscaped pool area; featuring an over-sized pool with a diving board, slide and zero-depth entry with water spouts. Plenty of lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas provide a comfortable place to eat treats from our Poolside Cabana.
Or, you can order off the main dining menu, and have your food delivered to you poolside while you relax and bask in the golden sun. Towel services are available and guests are always welcome. Use our Cabana locker rooms to rinse off after enjoying a day in the sun at the pool.
- The pool is open from Memorial Day through Labor Day everyday from 11 am – 8 pm and 9 pm during mid-June through the end of July. The pool closes occasionally for severe weather, swim meets and special events.
- Lifeguards are on duty at all times.
- Private pool parties are always available during the week and Group and private lessons are available all summer long for children and adults
- Lap lanes are available for adult swimming.
- Grandchildren, Grandparents and one Nanny can swim free with the member family.
- Competitive swim team that competes at area golf and country clubs.
- Competitive dive team that competes at area golf and country clubs.
- Weekly scheduled activities and food and drink specials.
- Large club events for kids, teens and adults including a dive-in movie night, teen party, and the annual family pool party.
About GMMO – Swim Team
The GMMO Swim Team is comprised of swimmers from four private clubs (Golden Valley Golf and Country Club, Minneapolis Golf Club, Medina Golf and Country Club, and Oak Ridge Country Club) who unite each summer to compete under the GMMO team name in the Western Swim League. Other teams in the Western Swim League include, Woodhill / Layfayette, Interlachen / Minikahda, Wayzata, Bearpath and Edina.
Participants of the GMMO Swim Team at Medina receive swimming instruction from award winning coaches with experience in collegiate swimming, club swimming, high school and collegiate coaching. Daily practices include stroke development, endurance training and water games. Participants receive ribbons weekly for their individual improvements as well as competition placements.
Through swimming, one can learn self-discipline, goal setting, and confidence. Our goals as a team at Medina are to create a safe atmosphere in and around the water, foster a true sense of team among all club participants and to have fun!
The Medina Diving Team is open to athletes ages 6-17 and all ability levels. No prior diving experience is needed to join the team. Divers receive individualized coaching while diving alongside their teammates. Athletes will learn about proper stretching practices, dry land exercises and diving safety. Over the season, a diver will be introduced to new dives, allowing for constant improvement and growth!
MDT divers compete in the Western Diving League, comprised of country clubs in the area. The athlete’s age determines the number of dives they will do in a meet. Participants receive ribbons or medals for placing in competition.
Through diving, athletes can develop their goal-setting skills and sportsmanship. Diving can also help to improve confidence and willingness to try new things. Our team goal is to foster positive, enthusiastic athletes and to create a great diving experience for all ages and abilities!